Saturday, August 28, 2010

Medics demand equal bonuses in another day of protests

Scores of physicians, members of Egyptian Medical Syndicate and advocay group Doctors Without Rights, stand in protest at Dar Al Hekma (House of Wisdom), housing syndicate, against policies of Egyptian Minister of Health Hatem Al Gabaly. According to one placard, med school students do not practice medicine but spend internships at hospitals doing administrative work, moving files and filling in applications.

Scores of doctors in Mahalla, Gharbiya staged a protest demanding the distribution of bonuses equal to those received by colleagues at other hospitals and health departments.

Protesters demanded bonuses of 175 percent for doctors and pharmacists, and 125 percent for nurses. Those figures were stipulated in a ministerial decision adopted last April.

Fifty-five dentists and ophthalmologists said they refused the 75 percent they have been offered, and demanded full payment of their bonus.

Nurses said the money set aside for their bonuses had instead been transferred to Sammanoud health department.

In Qalyubiya, around 200 nurses from the public general hospital and the fever hospital in Toukh organized a demonstration to complain about a two-month delay in the payment of their bonuses.

In Suez, 70 paramedics continued a sit-in at the governorate's ambulance point for a second day, protesting a two-month delay in salary payments. Protesters said five ambulances were currently out of action and further strikes would be staged if demands are not met.

Meanwhile in the 6th of October governorate, 500 citizens rallied in front of the Hawamdiya city council to protest a month-long water cut in the vicinity of the city’s main Baghdad Street. In Ismailia, scores of citizens in Qantara Sharq protested against the demolition of their homes and farms by security forces.

Translated from the Arabic Edition.

1 comment:

Helena Adams said...

My husband and I have been married for 7 years and together for 11. We have 3 children, ages 16 months, 4 and 6. He recently left me and moved in with the woman he has been seeing for only 2 months. We have been living with my parents for a few years because I have been going through school and he has been just working security. He went through the police academy and has been having a hard time getting a police job. He is also in the Army National Guard. He was deployed in Afgahnistan Jan. 2014 – May 2015. I really think he has ptsd and depression. For the last few months he has been very distant from me and the kids. He hasn’t been hanging out with friends or doing activities he would normally do on a regular basis. He would kept saying we need to fix things. He would say I do this wrong and that. It was like he was trying not to love me. One day he’d kiss me and showed affection, we were still having sex, then the next day nothing. I’ve been trying to get him to see a counciler but he won’t. He has admitted he has PTSD and other issues but then other days he says he doesn’t. He thinks this women he is with now is his soul mate. He met her online and lied saying he has been divorced for two years. She has found out he’s married and still wants to be with him. I don’t see it working out. I love my husband so much, I hate what he has done. I just wish he would get some help if it is because of PTSD and depression. Do you think it might be? I still want him back. I was totally devastated and confused until a old friend of mine told me about a spell caster on the internet Chief Nwaluta Mallam Zack who help people with the relationship and marriage problem by the powers of love spells, at first I doubted if such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try, when I contact him, he helped me cast a spell and within 48hours my husband came back to me and started apologizing, now he has stopped going out with that lady and he his with me for good and for real. i want You my friends who are passing through All this kind of love problem of getting Back their husband, wife , or ex boyfriend and girlfriend to contact him on this Email: { } you can also contact him on his website . Thanks you Chief , i will always be testifying about your good work.